Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Daryl S Daryl S is offline

Default if statements

Dianne -

This will look up the value in cell D3 to see if it exists in the range
A18:A32, and if it isn't there, will display "not eff", if it is there, it
will display "eff":

=IF(isna(vlookup(D3,A18:A32,1,FALSE)),"not eff","eff")

--
Daryl S

"Dianne" wrote:

Can anyone help me with the following I am getting a value error from this
statement
=IF(A18:A32=D3),"eff","not eff"
On worksheet Sheet2 there is a data table in range A17 J32 showing a
rate table and starting effective dates from top to bottom in column A. The
rate in each row is effective for the date found on the left and effective
until a new row and date are entered below that row. Example: The rates in
row 20 are effective from 5/1/2004 until 10/1/2004.

In cell E7 write a formula that will display the phrase, Effective Date in
the cell if the date entered in cell D3 is a date a rate became effective.
If a match to the date cannot be found in column A, the formula should
display Not an Effective Date.
Thanks