Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tjb tjb is offline

Default modified vlookup help

There are three columns of data:
A1:2930.92
A2:2954.54
A3:125

If the user enters a number (or the number is derived from another formula)
that falls between the value in A1 and the value in A2, I want it to return
the value from A3.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

You havnt told from where 125 came from..If your data is sorted then check
out help on the function =LOOKUP()

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"tjb" wrote:

I don't know if this will be a vlookup or something similar but here's what I
need:

-user enters a number that could range anywhere from 0 to 22667.27
-formula should match whatever number the user entered against an applicable
range and then return a different number
-For example a user enters 2931.15
-Formula should return a value of "125" since the user defined number falls
between 2930.92 and 2954.54
-Formula should return a value of "126" if user enters 2970.12 because that
value falls between 2954.55 and 2978.18

I have a list of hundreds of different ranges like this going from 0 all the
way to 22667.27.

Please help! Thanks.