Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lmb lmb is offline

Default MACRO or FORMULA

What would be used if data is entered in F1 then static date is posted in B2?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Let's use Cells B9 and B10:

Put the following event macro in the worksheet code area:

Set t = Target
Set b9 = Range("B9")
If Intersect(t, b9) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
t.Offset(1, 0).Value = Now
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"CHENG28" wrote:

I am trying to make a spread sheet which has a cell with a drop down function
from which a name can be selected - that is no problem.
What I would like to do is when a name is selected from the drop down, I
would like to have the cell below it self-populate with the time and date.
I have talked to many users much more experienced than I, and have not been
able to figure out a method to do this.