JMB

You will need to edit the macro code. Go to Tools/Macro/Visual Basic Editor.

You will see a project window listing the open workbooks. Find your
workbook and you'll see a folder called "Modules" under it. Expand this
folder and look through the modules to find your macro.

If you used the macro recorder to make your macro, the macro will likely
reference your workbook as Windows(workbook name).Activate - with your
workbook name in quotes (or it could be Workbooks(workbook name).Activate).
Either way, wherever it references your workbook, you can change it to
ThisWorkbook.Activate (no quotes) Then it will not matter what your workbook
is named as Excel will know which workbook is running the macro.

"ynissel" wrote:

My issue is that I have a macro to copy data from one file to another - but
the first file can have different names.
So - How do I create a macro in Excel to save the file with a new file name,
or how do I make the file that I start the macro in - read the current file
name into the macro so it keeps toggling back to this file. The second file
will always have the same name.

Thanks,
Yosef