Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Etz99 Etz99 is offline

Default Hyperlinks were lost

Hey John,

I don't use sharepoint so I can't tell you anything about that.

If I wrote a macro to restore the locations correctly, then exactly where
would these locations be found seeing as they are no longer in the worksheet?

Sorry I am a little confused.

--
Jeff
Sydney, Australia

"John Keith" wrote:

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 22:13:02 -0800, Etz99
wrote:

Hi All,

I have Microsoft Office 2007 and I have a spreadsheet that contains hundreds
of links to forms to each individual row created. I last saved my file last
Thursday and today I opened my file only to find my Hyperlinks that were
associated to a G:\ Drive (network) have now showing my local D:\ as the
Hyperlink. No files are stored on my D:\. Also it is referring to a path
where no folder is on my d:\ drive.

Any suggestions as to why this would happen? If so any idea how to reftify
all the links back to G:\ without doing each one individually?

Jeff,

I have seen similar behavior when the excel file is located on a
sharepoint. I have had some success in that environment by going to
the excel options, select the save item on the left nav bar and then
select "on web server" (I'm doing this from memory since I'm not
informt of my work ciomputer, but it is something very similar to what
I just described.) Of course your situation may be completely
different.

Oh, BTW, this happened often enough (this is a multi-user environment)
that I developed a simple macro to a do string replacement on every
hyperlink in the workbook to restore them to the correct value.

John Keith

.