Don Guillett

You may want to take the opportunity to look at the HELP index for WEEKDAY
in hopes of answering your own question.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"PaolaAndrea" wrote in message
Thank you.

I understand your formula with the exception of the 2. A$1,2=6 and

A$1,2=7

6 is saturday, 7 is sunday, A is the column name, 1 is the cell number,

but
what about 2? what does mean?

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

PaolaAndrea
"Max" wrote:

Here's one interp on what you're after ..

Assume you have sequential dates in A1:G1
say: 17-May-2005 in A1 to ... 23-May-2005 in G1
and you have 4 rows of data below each date
which are to be colored together if the dates in A1:G1
are either Sat or Sun

Select A1:G5
Click Formatting Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1, make the setting as:
Formula is| =OR(WEEKDAY(A$1,2)=6,WEEKDAY(A$1,2)=7)
Click the Format button Patterns tab Light Green? OK
Click OK at the main dialog

You'll see that cells E1:F5 will be colored Light Green
(E1:F1 contains the dates 21-May-2005 / 22-May-2005
which are Sat / Sun)

--
Rgds
Max
"PaolaAndrea" wrote in message
I have a calendar and I want to change the color for the cell that are

Sat
or
Sun. The date is a formula (=today()) and I want to have sat or sun

come
up
with a different color, not only where the date is but also some lines

that
go down the line.

Please Help.

Sincerely,