Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
RedBeard RedBeard is offline

Default formatting of row depending on cell value

On Nov 17, 7:08*pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
Select the rows, not just single cells to format.

Conditional FormatFormula is: *=$A1=DATEVALUE("12/25/2009")

Format to a pattern and OK your way out.

December 25th row will be colored.

Depends upon your short date format in Windows settings.

Mine is mm/dd/yyyy.............yours may be dd/mm/yyyy

Gord Dibben *MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 05:45:01 -0800 (PST), RedBeard wrote:
Hello,

I would like to accomplish the following:

If a cell in Column A corresponds to a certain date, I would like to
have the row that cell is located on to be formatted according to my
wishes, in this case, a different fill colour (non-white) and a
different text colour (non-black).

Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks.

Gord,

Thank you for your reply, however, it doesn't seem to be working.
I have my dates in this format: 2009-12-31

I tried changing the DATEVALUE to this, but it doesn't trigger.
I looked at the help file and it states that it has to be in either
mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy, however, this is not an option for me.
Any ideas?