Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
iami iami is offline

Default How do I set up a formula to add column a if column b = cell c

Hello!
This really helped,but I got another problem. What if I have multiple
criteria? For example my criteria is a range, like if value in this column is
between 1 and 2 or "1 and <2", how do you go about that? I tried writing it
like that but it doesn't come up with the correct answer. any help is greatly
appreciated. thanks!

"Max" wrote:

"michelle" wrote:
The thing is, I need a formula that looks at everything in the columns, not
just the cell in that row. Is this even possible?

Perhaps you mean something like this, placed in D1:
=SUMIF(B:B,C1,A:A)

Formula can be copied down
to return correspondingly for other values in col C
--
Max
Singapore