Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
redstar_ redstar_ is offline

Default Excluding Cells From Avg Cals Due to Info in different col

I have an investment spreadsheet that shows the qunaity I bought or sold, buy
date, buy price, sell date, and sell price. I am trying to calcualte the
average buy price for the investments. Unfortunatley when you sell it
includes a buy price as well. I need to exclude these cells from the
average. Below is the info.

Col C Col D Col E Col F Col G
Quantity Buy Date Buy Price Sell Date Sell Price
18.755 5/21/2008 36.835 0.000
0.009 5/21/2008 36.835 12/31/2008 24.846
0.010 5/21/2008 36.835 3/31/2009 24.329
0.592 7/3/2008 33.761 0.000

I want to get the average of Col E but exclude the two items that have sell
dates associated with them. I do not know VBA. Thanks for your help