Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Beric Dondarrion Beric Dondarrion is offline

Default Works on one computer, but not another

Cool. Office SP2 fixed it.

Thanks

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

hi Beric

Read the first part on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/pdf.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Beric Dondarrion" wrote in message
I'm working on a vba enhanced macro that publishes a pdf to the desktop. I'm
in an office with about 10 computers, all using MSOffice 2007. So far, it
works on 3 of 5 computers.

Here is the sample of code that the debugger flags:

ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat _
Type:=xlTypePDF, _
Filename:="C:\test\test.pdf"
Openafterpublish:=False

The error message is "Runtime error #5, invalid procedure call or argument"

I just checked and both computers were not updated with the Office SP2. I
haven't tried it since both have been updated.

Also, on the computer that doesn't work, there are little pop-up syntax
helpers while you're typing arguments in the VBA editor, similar to when
you're typing arguments in excel's formula bar. My computer's VBA editor
does not do this. I don't know if they're different versions, or some
obscure option is enabled/disabled on one of them.

Please help! I'm pulling my hair out.

BD

.