Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Function for different array

Try
=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(A:A,C1:C100,B:B))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"John" wrote:

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for the quick answer however this is what I want. I want be able
to write like:

SUMIF(A:A, C:C, B:B) - Meaning: Sum If one of the value in range A:A equal
to one of the value in range C:C then Sum B:B. So instead of C1 in your
formula, I want to be able to put the range C:C "=SUMIF(A:A,C1,B:B)"

Thank you
John

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

=SUMIF(A:A,"agb",B:B)

OR

=SUMIF(A:A,C1,B:B)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"John" wrote:

Hi all,

I need help on writing formula for the problem below:

Column A Column B Column C
CHJ 15 AGB
AGB 10 HHH
JKX 12 NNN
MNB 19 MMM
AGB 20 BBB
. . .
. . .
. . .

I want to be able to write " If one or more value in Column A equal to one
of the value in Column C then Sum column B ". In this case the answer is " 30
", the sum of "AGB".

Thank you
John