Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
FloMM2 FloMM2 is offline

Default formatting of row depending on cell value

Redbeard,
This is what I came up with:
If you can add a helper column.
Then in the first cell in the row -
Add conditional formatting
Condition 1
"Formula Is" "=$A$3=$B$3"
Select "Format" button,
"Font" tab select "Color:" select desired color of text.
"Patterns" tab select the desired color of cell.

In the above example, "$B$3" is my helper column. It could be next to your A
column, or at the other end. Edit it accoding to your spreadsheet.

hth

"RedBeard" wrote:

Hello,

I would like to accomplish the following:

If a cell in Column A corresponds to a certain date, I would like to
have the row that cell is located on to be formatted according to my
wishes, in this case, a different fill colour (non-white) and a
different text colour (non-black).

Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks.
.