Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom[_3_] Peo Sjoblom[_3_] is offline

Default conditional formating with text

If there can't be more than one left parenthesis in the cell which I assume
it is the case then I think mine is a tiny bit more robust since it is not
sensitive to an occasional misplaced leading space.

Peo Sjoblom

"snakey" wrote in message
Thanks Peo, this also works, as does Jacobs suggestion - will now decide
which one to use!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If there cannot be any other parenthesizes then you can use

In the CF use formula is and

=ISNUMBER(FIND("(",A1))

Peo Sjoblom

"snakey" wrote in message
I have two columns of data (A:B), and want to highlight values in Col B
in
coloured text, where the adjacent cell in Col A contains data entered
in
brackets. The data in column A is a mixture of numbers and text and
formatted
as 'General' so that a number in brackets does not appear as a negative
value. I've used CF before but can't seem to enter a formula that
works.

Any ideas?

.