Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
snakey snakey is offline

Default conditional formating with text

Many thanks Jacob - works a treat!

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

1. Select the cell/Range (say b1:b10). Please note that the ROW reference 1
mentioned in the formula is the active ROW in the selection. Active cell will
have a white background even after selection

2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting
3. For Condition1Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula

=AND(LEFT(A1,1)="(",RIGHT(A1,1)=")")

4. Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Red)
5. Hit OK

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"snakey" wrote:

I have two columns of data (A:B), and want to highlight values in Col B in
coloured text, where the adjacent cell in Col A contains data entered in
brackets. The data in column A is a mixture of numbers and text and formatted
as 'General' so that a number in brackets does not appear as a negative
value. I've used CF before but can't seem to enter a formula that works.

Any ideas?