Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roopesh1978 Roopesh1978 is offline

Default Help with my Excel database

The following is what I need help with:

(1) I have a main sheet where I am entering my data.

I have defined a dynamic range for this data so that if I enter a new row
or column in the sheet then this data will be included in the dynamic range.

I want to know what I need to do to copy the data from the main sheet into
a second sheet so that when I enter a new row/column or amend the existing
data in the first sheet then the second sheet will automatically update.

I presume it is something to do with referencing the dynamic range from the
first sheet into the second sheet.

Once this part has been implemented then I will lock the second sheet so
that it cannot be amended and only the first sheet can be amended.

(2) I have been using the count functions to total up data from the first
sheet into a summary sheet, for example, the total number of people from a
specific area.

I have also used SUMPRODUCT to total up dates in specific range, for
example, the total number of people born between 1.1.1970 and 31.12.1970.

I want to implement a formula in my summary sheet which will take my dynamic
range from the first sheet and search it by 2 or more conditions, for
example, I want to total up the number of people from a specific area who
were born between 1.1.1970 and 31.12.1970.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Roopesh