Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Calculating Difference Between Two Dates Using Only Year

If it is just the year you have in ColC and Col D try

=IF(COUNT(C1:D1)=2,D1-C1,"")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"rew3791" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2007. I'm trying to calculate the Age at Death when given
the birth and death years.

I tried using the =DATEDIF function, but 2007 doesn't seem to support it.
Then I tried =YEAR(C3)-YEAR(D3), and you can see the results below. I think
it's because I entered the years as text, but when I tried to format the
columns for the date, I couldn't find a format that would let me list ONLY
the year. I had to have a month and/or day too. I'm not an excel expert, so
I'm probably missing something fundamental. Any help?

Surname Given Name Birth Yr Death Yr Age at Death
Adam Catharine 1859 5
Adam Joseph 1806 1876 -1
Adam Josephine 1856 1942

--