Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Freshman Freshman is offline

Default Range with 2 validations

Hi Biff,

I've read the link before but I just want to know whether I can use
validation to do this job and can Excel allows use to use 2 validation for
the same range.

Thanks & regards.

"T. Valko" wrote:

It sounds like what you want to do is limit the selection so that any item
in the list can only be selected once.

See if this helps:

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal03.html

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Freshman" wrote in message
Dear experts,

I've a range named "staff" which I have set a validation: List -- source
=
INDIRECT($B$1). For the dropdown list, the users can select the staff name
within the range. However, in the meantime, I want to set another
validation
to the range so that there is no duplicate entry: Custom -- source =
COUNTIF($C$C, C2)<=1. However, when I select the range and want to set
another validation, the first validation appears and seems I cannot input
another validation. Is there a way to do this? If yes, how? If no, please
advise is there other way to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

.