Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pieyed Piper Pieyed Piper is offline

Default Advanced Filter Question

Is everyone asleep?

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 04:49:07 -0800, Pieyed Piper
g wrote:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:47:15 -0800, "Peo Sjoblom"
wrote:

Describe everything you have. When you apply the filter what's the criteria
range, what is in the criteria range, what are the headers in your table
etc.

When I create a test table, with the headers Flicnum and Actornum, put some
data in there, then use H1:H2 as criteria range with Flicnum in H1 and
=Flicnum in H2 it filters fine, when I change the value in the named cell
called Flicnum and refresh the filter it works fine and filter for the new
value

I have two columns One is headered "ID" the other "ActorNumber".

"FlicNum" comes from another worksheet, but I can replicate it in this
worksheet, though it should not be required.

I made the range into a "table". To use advanced filters on the table,
I can manually enter any number to sort on, and the list sorts to only
entries with that number just fine. It appears like a worksheet that only
has those few records (rows).

I want to be able to plug that sort criteria number into the sort
dynamically. based on the FlicNum "variable" I create on the other sheet.

So far, manual filtering works fine.