Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Mysterious "Arc" appearing at the bottom of the page

1) nutsoid! hah!

2) to enter a "watermark" in Excel, you'd just enter a picture into the
header and formwat to washout - purely an FYI

3) size of file wouldn't matter. Just someone who doesn't know how to delete
whitespace.

4) sounds like a drawing toolbar object. Assuming your header and footer
truly do not have anything in them at all, check your code. Right-click on
the tab and look for any kind of code that would enter anything in the header
or footer section of the document...

"PlarfySoober" wrote:

When I either Print Preview or print my spreadsheet (I got it from another
guy who is sort of nutsoid), I get a large, wide-line arc printing at the
bottom of each page. It obscures part of the footer and several lines of the
data.

I looked in footer, comments and would have looked in watermark but could
not find mention of it.

There WAS a footer, but I deleted it in desperation. No help. There don't
appear to be any comments anywhere. Yet this large arc, ~ 1/2 circle,
protrudes.

Does anyone know how this could happen? BTW, maybe not relevant, but the
previous owner made the spreadsheet 655 pates long. The actual data is on 5
printed pages.

Thanks.