Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Canon Canon is offline

Default Simple Formula

still no

"Mike H" wrote:

Try this

=IF(TRIM(A3)="Brent",[SlowDownChart.xlsx]Sheet1!$B$3,"")

Mike

"Canon" wrote:

=IF(A3="Brent",[SlowDownChart.xlsx]Sheet1!$B$3,"")
This is the formula I used, (the cell numbers are correct), but it won't
return a value.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
check for any spaces in cell A1 before or after Brent, if there is any
delete them

"Canon" wrote:

Mike, for some reason this formula is not working for me.

"Mike H" wrote:

yes you can

"Canon" wrote:

Thanks Mike, can I just grab the information from the other workbook?
ie =sum(other workbook cell)

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Try this with the file extension changed as required

=IF(A1="Brent",[Book2.xlsx]Sheet1!$A$1,"")

Mike

"Canon" wrote:

Excel 2009
I am looking for a formula that will do the following;
If cell A1 in workbook one = Brent, then cell B1 must equal the amount in
cell A1 of workbook two