greg

Pese,
if I read this correctly, create you macro as you have, but do not choose a
cell during the recording.
Click on a cell before you run a macro, then record your macro.
The macro should change/add info. to the cell which is currently seleceted.
Choose a cell before running the macro, then run the macro.
Hope it helps.

"Pese" wrote:

I have multiple objects (ovals) in one column of a spreadsheet. I am able to
create macros with corresponding buttons that once clicked, will change the
color of the first oval to either red, yellow, or green. I want these macros
to apply to any of the objects in the column. Thus, I want to be able to
click on any object in the column and then click the corresponding macro
button that will change the color of the object to that which is desired.
How do I set the macros so that they do not just apply to the first oval
object, but that I can run them on any of the objects?