Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default highlight differences

1. Select ColumnA. Please note that the cell reference A1 mentioned in the
formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white
background even after selection
2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting

3. For Condition1Select 'Formula Is' and enter the formula
=AND(A1<"",COUNTIF(B:B,A1)=0)

4. Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Red)
5. Hit OK

PS: If you are using XL2007 Goto Home tabStylesConditional
FormattingManage rulesNew ruleUse a formula to determine which cells to
format. Enter the formula in the box below.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Donna" wrote:

Please help with final piece to my worksheet

I have :
Col A : I have a list of all the divisions downloaded for that day (there is
more than one line listed per division)
Col B I have a fixed list of certain divisions

What I would like is to highlight any div in Col A that was not listed in
my fixed Col B
Thanks Donna