Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default function help!

Can you elaborate your requirement..
=SUMPRODUCT(range1,range2) will do exactly what you mentioned in your
original post.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"stephaniearaujo22" wrote:

I was wondering more if u can add a function to more than one cell at a time
. Like if i were to select 50 cells and add a function to all of them instead
of going to each one and writing in a function

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try
=SUMPRODUCT(A2:A10,D2:D10)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"stephaniearaujo22" wrote:

hi i have a spreadsheet that im doing for the inventory of my restaurant. I
have 300 rows and 5 Columns. My last columns is the total price of each row
for each different item. But the problem is i dont want to put a function in
each cell individually. Is there a way for me to add a function to all the
whole column of E.
The function im using is PRODUCT =A8*D8. The only thing that changes in
each function is the row number which equals the 8 in this example would
there be a way for me to select all of column E and put the function =A*D and
it would add the row number automatically ?