Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jco jco is offline

Default DCOUNT - date as a field only works when entered as a number

Thanks! Both solutions work.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Post your full formula

If I put some dates in a column with a header called "Dates" and put Dates
in E2 and 10/01/09 in E3 then use this formula

=DCOUNT(A6:A30,"Dates",E2:E3)

I get the correct answer

Peo Sjoblom

"jco" wrote in message
I am using Windows 2007. In my database, the date (month and year) is a
column header. In the formula, if I enter the field in "" as "10/1/2009",
or
"Oct-09", I get #VALUE!. However, if I enter the field as "40087", the
formula returns the correct result. Has anyone come up with this and know
way around? I can come up with the number equivalent of each date, but
since
I am not the end user of this file, it would be easier to be able to enter
the date.

.