Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
C Kreig C Kreig is offline

Default 2003 Excel Chart with zero data

Luke-
I got the formula to work, however it is still showing a value of zero on my
chart.
Any suggestions?

"Luke M" wrote:

Instead of an output of "", have the formula output the #N/A error (as charts
recognize this data as not applicable)

I believe something like this:

=IF(SUM('Global KPI Monitoring chart'!F7:F8)=0,IF(AND('Global KPI Monitoring
chart'!F7="",
'Global KPI Monitoring chart'!F8=""),NA(),0),SUM('Global KPI Monitoring
chart'!F7:F8))
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"C Kreig" wrote:

I have a chart that shows the fiscal year. In the months that currently do
not have data it is charting to a zero for the month. How can I get the
chart not to show the next month's that have a zero for a value? The catch
is that some months maybe zero and the months that do not have a value are
currently empty. Below is the formula that I am currently using.

=IF(SUM('Global KPI Monitoring chart'!F7:F8)=0,IF(AND('Global KPI Monitoring
chart'!F7="",
'Global KPI Monitoring chart'!F8=""),"",0),SUM('Global KPI Monitoring
chart'!F7:F8))