Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Remove Text

The below will return the last 5 digit numeric...(only if that is a numeric
value..)

With your data in cell A1;try the formula in cell b1

=IF(ISNUMBER(--RIGHT(A1,5)),--RIGHT(A1,5),"")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Brandon" wrote:

I need a function to remove text from a cell and leave 5 digits at the very
end of the string.

For example:

Company One 11111
Company 2 22222
Com Three 33333
Co. Four 44444
Co. 5 55555

What is to the left of the numbers that I need to keep varies in length. So
I need to remove everything that isn't the furthest right 5 characters in the
string.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Brandon