Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Doug is offline

Default Multiple text search in a cell

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for responding. I'm having an issue. I'm trying to do the array
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, but, it keeps saying "error in formula". This is what I've
typed so far:
=if(sum(countif('[Master File.xls]All Data'!$G$2:$G$17,

It's saying, I'm missing parenthesis. I tried just keying the {bracket and
the formula does not pick anything up.

Any help is appreciated

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the
same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to
enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice the curly
braces at both ends like "{=<formula}"

Apply this formula and copy down to return all entries with this criteria
=IF(SUM(COUNTIF(B1:B50,{"company","Elsalvador"}))< ROW(A1),"",INDEX(A1:A50,
SMALL(IF(B1:B50={"company","Elsalvador"},ROW(A1:A5 0)),ROW(A1))))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Doug" wrote:

I am attempting to search data in a cell that has multiple options of text
(different countries). The problem is, I might have El Salvador but also have
a company in El Salvador. So I need to be able to pull the data for both. I
can pull El Salvador, but, can't figure out how to look for the other also.
Here's the formula I'm using to pull the data:

=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("ELSALVADOR",'[Master File.xls]All Data'!G2)),'[Master
File.xls]All Data'!A2,"")

Can I extend this formula in some way to also pull the company data.

Here's the scenrio I have:

Column A Column G
name ELSALVADOR
name Australia
name Company
name Thailand

I need to pull the information in Column A anytime ELSALVADOR or Company
shows up and ignore the rest.

Thanks for any help in advance.