Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kaz kaz is offline

Default Adding an "X" or Check to a cell by clicking on the mouse

Good morning,

I am attempting to create a spreadsheet within Excel 2003. I have partially
completed it and would like to have it so that when I click on the boxes an
"X" or a check mark appears. I have tried adding the check box but that is
not quite what I want (not that I've fully figured it out). I want the "X"
or check mark to fill the space with no wording. Can this be done...I am
pretty Excel illiterate and not the best with computers in general so I need
all the help that I can get.

Also, my list is very long and has headings in the first 2 rows that I need
to see when I get to the bottom so that I know which type and size boxes to
check. I have tried playing with the zoom button but to be able to see at
the bottom of the page I have to take it down to 25% and I am old and would
need a magnifying glass to see it...LOL

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! (-: