Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pieyed Piper Pieyed Piper is offline

Default Advanced Filter Question

I want to use a named range, which is a single value as the "equal to"
criteria in the advanced filter dialog box.

I have a named range of a single cell I call "FlicNum".

I have a list of 'flicnums' and actor numbers. With over 130 thousand
DVDs in the main list, the actor list index is about 660 thousand records
long.

If I filter on "FlicNum" I should only see a list of actor numbers that
tie to that FlicNum. That is the goal. Getting the filter to accept my
"variable" is the obstacle.

If I enter a 'flicnum' (DVD ID number) by hand, it filters on it just
fine. How do I plug in a "variable", or named range into a filter dialog
or specification?