bj

Check out the =eomonth() function in help
=eomonth(-1) gives the last day of the last month

"Jay" wrote:

I have this function which is to look at the date represented by: =C8-1, this
C8 represents the last day of the month, but can be a few days past the end
of the month. How do I, can I get this function to return a value equal the
previous month Or month ended if we are a couple of days past the month end?
Example, April 30, 2005 is he end of month, however, the spreadsheet is
pulled on May 2, 3or 4. I still want only the month value of April, 2005
(which is the month just completed) and NOT May, 2005. Moving forward, I'd
like to same approach for May, June and so on, and so on! How can this be
done! Is it even oissible? If so, HOW???

Thanks, guys!