Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Collating multiple .csv files into a single work book

If you want you can send me your test workbook and a few of your
csv files and i look at it for you.

You find my mail address on my site
http://www.rondebruin.nl/

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Mr_Wilf" wrote in message ...
Ron,

Tried using this for another task and after I've selected four files I end
up with the original workbook, two empty workbooks with one sheet each and a
final book with one of th efiles in it correctly.

I've just copied the macro for the multiple .csv files into a workbook
module and changed one bit - default lookup folder.

Any suggestions where I've mucked up?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Mr_Wilf

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/txtcsv.htm

Mr_Ron

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Mr_Wilf" wrote in message ...
Im trying to collate three differently formatted .csv files into one
workbook. But in order to get the latest data in my master document I still
have to open the three source files which sort of spoils the point of the
master doc. I dont know if this is because:
1. I have set the book up wrongly
b. I have stored the source files in the wrong place
iii. am forced to leave the source files as .csv
100. A.N. other reason.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

.