Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Is there an AVERAGEIF function in excel?

You must be using 2003.

There are versions of Excel before Excel 2003! I use one of them!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jacob Skaria" wrote in message
You must be using 2003. AVERAGEIF() is available from 2007 version
onwards.

Try the array formula. If a2:A10 = E2 then average C2:c10
=AVERAGE(IF((A2:A10=E2),C2:C10))

Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in
the
same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice the curly
braces at both ends like "{=<formula}"

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"lisab" wrote:

I'm trying to average the values in one column if another column's value
is
true. I know there is a sumif and a countif, but couldn not find an
averageif. Any help would be much appreciated!