Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Is there an AVERAGEIF function in excel?

Hi,

If you have excel 2007 then there is an averageif

=AVERAGEIF(A1:A20,"Sometext",B1:B20)

If you don't then there are several ways. here's an array formula way
=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A20="Sometext",B1:B20))

This is an array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter
'and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets
'around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the formula
'you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.

Mike

"lisab" wrote:

I'm trying to average the values in one column if another column's value is
true. I know there is a sumif and a countif, but couldn not find an
averageif. Any help would be much appreciated!