Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Excel 2003 Conditional formatting challenge question

One way:

Select A1:C6, with A1 the active cell. Enter this CF:

Formula is = A1 = MAX(A1,A8)

Select A8:C13, with A8 the active cell. Enter this CF:

Formula is = A8 = MAX(A1,A8)
In article ,
John C. wrote:

I am familiar with how to find a min and max value in a table and change the
color of the cell and even the font to bold. However, I am stumped with this
problem. Let's say that I have data in a table from A1 to C6, and from A8 to
C13. I want to compare A1 to A8, A2 to A9....C6 to C13, and highlight the
maximum one for each comparison, so that I am comparing apples to apples.

Will someone please explain how to do this? Thanks for your consideration.