Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
al al is offline

Default Editing cell names

Is there any means of editing a vast number of cell names within a
spreadsheet without having to resort to Insert - Name - Define and editing
each one separately?

I have a spreadsheet with 100s of cells names across the spreadsheet. I now
wish to expand the function of my spreadsheet to be able to handle, say, 3
projects within the same spreadsheet, and intend having, say, "price_A",
"price_B" and "price_C" in separate worksheets.

I am thinking that I have to proceed as follows:
1- starting with template spreadsheet, edit all names to read "cell name_A",
and save file as "new multiple project spreadsheet."
2 - revert to original template, edit all names to read "cell name_B" and
copy that worksheet into the "new multiple project spreadsheet."
3 - repeat 2 for "cell name_C."

I will end up with a spreadsheet with three cells named "Total," however
these will be Total_A, Total_B and TotalC.

If there's no quick way, then I have to rename all one at a time!

Using Excel 2003 on XP Professional 2002