Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default CountIf formula

Try this:
=COUNTIF(P:P,"x")
this will work with COUNTIF() and some other functions, but not all.

Of course the catch here is that if there's an "x" in row 1, or if there are
entries below your current range of row 25 that are x's and you don't want
them counted, you can't use it as is. Another catch is that the formula
can't be in column P either (creates a circular reference error).

"Verne" wrote:

I am using a count if formula =COUNTIF(P2:P25,"x") - everytime I add a new
row, that row is not included in the formula. What can I do so it is
included. Right now, I have to add the row to the formula manaually. Thank
you for your help.