Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
afdmello afdmello is offline

Default formula for sum

In a worksheet I have 30 or 31 days in a month marked ina row
For overtime I am using the following rule

B for one rate, C for another and then writing the number of hours beside
the letter for eg
B2 stands for 2 hours OT
B10 stands for 10 hours OT
similarly C2 stands for 2 hours OT with C rate

My intention is for excel to find out all the B's and ONLY sum the
numbers(hours) beside them and give the result In a cell for the month
Similarly for C rate find the Sum and give the result in another cell

Hope you gurus can generate something to ease my troubles of manaul counting
Afd