Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom[_3_] Peo Sjoblom[_3_] is offline

Default Format dates from cvf file

I believe it is already in military time, 1700 as far as I know is military
time. 17:00 is 24 hour time used by many countries in Europe and airports
train stations etc, regardless here is the easiest way to convert it if you
want to convert it to real time in 24 hour format

=--TEXT(A1,"00\:00")

then format as hh:mm

Peo Sjoblom

"Janet Kreinbrink" <Janet wrote in
message ...
Hi,
I have a large spreadsheet of data from a cvf file. Column B has the time
in this format: 1700. Can't for the life of me figure out how to chage it
miliary time (17:00).

Thanks.