Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JBeaucaire[_131_] JBeaucaire[_131_] is offline

Default sort a column without losing the corresponding value in next col

1) Select ALL the columns that make up the data set, not just one column
2) Do not use the sort icon, click on DATA SORT to open the advanced
sorting window
3) Set the sort columns in the order you want

Does that help?
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB
(www.MadRocketScientist.com)

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"sun_rise" wrote:

How do I sort a column of titles in one column alphabetically without losing
the corresponding value it is attached to in the next column?