Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Slow to open

Since you probably don't need all the calculations enabled all the time, I
would recommend opening the file with calculation mode in "manual". This will
also help while working in the file because XL will not be trying to
recalculate the entire workbook everytime you make a change.

You can of course let the workbook recalc before saving.

For some additional tips, see the site:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Hendee70" wrote:

I have a very intricate excel spreadsheet. Many worksheets with many
formulas. When I open it (using Excel 2003 and Excel 2007) it takes about a
minute to open and slows down the whole system while opening. Also, while
working in the spreadsheet, it is much slower than any other spreadsheet I
work in. Any suggestions on making it run quicker?