Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MEGray MEGray is offline

Default Sorting by "High", "Medium" and "Low"

Hey RonaldoOneNil, thanks for responding!

I'm using Office 7, so I've gone to the Home tab, then clicked on Sort &
Filter and then selected Custom Sort. I've added a new level (sort by =
urgency, sort on = values and order = High, Medium, Low), but when I click
OK, it doesn't resort my spreadsheet accordingly.

I'm also not seeing my custom sort option -- I see Sort A to Z, Sort Z to A
and Sort by Color. The Sort by Color option allows me to go to Custom Sort
and I see my new level, but not sure how to select it.

Any suggestions?

"RonaldoOneNil" wrote:

Tools - Options - Custom Lists tab
Type High Medium and Low into the List entries list box pressing rturn after
each
Click add and they will be added to the Custome lists listbox.
Click the OK button.
Now when you sort your data click on the options button and choose your new
high, medium and low option from the dropdown box

"MEGray" wrote:

I'm trying to sort the rows in my spreadsheet based upon their priority -
High, Medium or Low. I can sort them so that all the Highs are grouped
together and then the Lows and then the Mediums, but I want the Highs listed
first and then Mediums and then Lows. Right now I can only figure out how to
sort alphabetically A to Z or Z to A.

I've tried the custom sort, but can't seem to get it to work.

Can anyone help?