Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Sorting by "High", "Medium" and "Low"

Hi,

You need a helper column. Say you High, medium , low are in column A, put
this in an empty column and drag down.

=IF(A1="High",1,IF(A1="Medium",2,3))

Sort on this column and you can hide it if you want.

Mike

"MEGray" wrote:

I'm trying to sort the rows in my spreadsheet based upon their priority -
High, Medium or Low. I can sort them so that all the Highs are grouped
together and then the Lows and then the Mediums, but I want the Highs listed
first and then Mediums and then Lows. Right now I can only figure out how to
sort alphabetically A to Z or Z to A.

I've tried the custom sort, but can't seem to get it to work.

Can anyone help?