Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mel[_5_] Mel[_5_] is offline

Default nested function to select value from 8 options

On Nov 4, 8:43*pm, dhstein wrote:
If the values are "False" (as in the logical False condition) then this will
work:

=IF(U8,U8,IF(AN8,AN8,IF(BA8,BA8,IF(BN8,BN8,IF(CA8, CA8,IF(CN8,CN8,IF(DA8,DA8*,IF(DN8,DN8,"No Matches"))))))))

"Mel" wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that has 8 seperate tables that do a
calculation. *If the input option matches one of the 8, a value will
be displayed, if not, 'False' will be displayed. * What I am trying to
do is look at all 8 fields and the one that is not equal to 'false',
show that value.

field to display in is M8. *Fields with the data a U8, AN8, BA8,
BN8, CA8, CN8, DA8, DN8.
I will be copying this formula down for the forty rows below. (M8 to
M47).

I have tried "If(and" and "if(or" but cannot get past the first 3.

I know there has to be an easier way.
thx

Mel

no, this will not work. in the 8 fields that I have listed, there
will only be one that had data ie (NUONT2) and all the other fields
will be displaying 'FALSE'. I need to be able to only display the
field with the data and not 'false'.
thx
Mel