Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tickfarmer Tickfarmer is offline

Default Copy Cell From Subtotal Line To Detail Line

Exported data to excel is in subtotal form by customer number (ARAF09).
I need to copy the customer number to the detail rows just below the
subtotal. The number of detail rows varies with each customer. Some have 1
line of detail and some have 10, 8, etc. . The customer number is in column
B and I want to copy the data to Column C, a few rows down. Is this possible
with a formula or function. Thanks in advance.

The orverall goal is to be able to sort the detail data by customer number.
Perhaps another method is better?

Customer: ARAF09 ABC FLOORS INC
Terms: Net 30 Days

6/29/2009 484756 Copy Here 4642.75