Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Questions on using conditional formatting

If you select the range first (like A2:X9999), then do format|conditional
formatting, you can write the formula using references for the activecell (a2).

nathanwst wrote:

I've got a spreadsheet that that has multiple colums of numbers. In each
colum I want to change the color of the cell based on the previous cell
number for example.
If A2 A1 i want the text to be green. If A2 < A1 the text should be red,
and if A2 = A1 the text is black.

I've been able to accomplish this, but is there an easy way to format the
whole spreadsheet quickly, or will I have to do each cell one by one?

--

Dave Peterson