Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default how do i make #'s auto and 000 behind large numbers

You OK with event code behind the worksheet?

If Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Not IsNumeric(Target.Value) Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
.Value = .Value * 1000
Application.EnableEvents = True
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 12:36:01 -0800, mastermk
wrote:

ok, guess I worded my question wrong, I want to enter any size # and have it
auto add ,000 to make it times the number entered times 1000, for example...

123456 = 123,456,000 .. one hundred twenty three million four hundred fifty
six thousand.

Thanks
Mike

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Click on the cell and:

Format Cells... Number Custom General",000"

This will give the desired appearance, (but retain the value).
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200908

"mastermk" wrote:

I want to know if & how i can make an entry automatically add the last 000
behind a large number entered, for example I want to be able to type in 456
and it look like 456,000

Thanks
Mike