Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Send a macro

Did you miss step 3?

If the macro is to be used only on the workbook you send to other user,
simply store the macro in a module in that workbook and save the workbook.

Send to other user.

Gord

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 11:45:01 -0800, Flintstone
wrote:

I would like to send a workbook to another user, but I do not want them to
have to go through the additional steps of pasting the Macro into their
Personal folder.

If the Macro will only be used in one workbook, is there a way to attach the
Macro to the workbook before sending to another user? I am sure that I am
missing something very simple. . . ?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Yes, they could copy it to their Personal.xls which makes it available for all
open workbooks.

Gord

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 04:03:01 -0800, Wanna Learn
wrote:

Hello Gord Thanks..
Sounds like 3 is the easiest way. If I send the workbook I suppose the
macro has to be saved in a personal workbook so that they can use with any
workbook . Is that correct?
"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Several methods.........don't know what is the best way, all involve some work.

1. Copy the macro code and open Notepad. Paste into Notepad and save then send
for "someone else" to copy to a module.

2. Export the module as *.bas file and send that for importing into a workbook.

3. Send the workbook with the macro.

Someone else can copy the macro or module to wherever they wish.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:45:01 -0800, Wanna Learn
wrote:

Hello What is the best way to send a macro to some one else ? thanks