Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Collating multiple .csv files into a single work book

You can record a macro while you go through the procedure once, i.e.
open each file in turn and format the sheet how you want it to appear,
then move the sheet into the Master file. Then you can repeat the
macro whenever you need to. If your file names vary (eg date-stamped)
then you will need to edit the macro to enable you to select the
appropriate file.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 4, 10:31*am, Mr_Wilf wrote:
To clarify slightly, I need the three .csv files to appear as seperate
worksheets within the master doc, rather than combining all three into one
big sheet

"Mr_Wilf" wrote:
I’m trying to collate three differently formatted .csv files into one
workbook. *But in order to get the latest data in my master document I still
have to open the three source files which sort of spoils the point of the
master doc. *I don’t know if this is because:
1. I have set the book up wrongly
b. I have stored the source files in the wrong place
iii. *am forced to leave the source files as .csv
100. *A.N. other reason.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?- Hide quoted text -