Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jesper Audi Jesper Audi is offline

Default How do I... 2 columns to 1 row

In your second example relating to text, I wonder if you would be able to add
column number, as you did for values and then get the correct text in the
correct column.

In my example, I have business cards which mostly have a random number of
fields

So business card1 might have

Col A Col B Col C
1 Name Joe
2 Add1 Bay St
4 Email Joe@XX

Business card2 might have only 2 fields
Col A Col B Col C
1 Name Dave
4 Email Dave@XX

But I want to transpose my data so that

name is always in col1, add1 is always in col2, tel is always in col3, email
is in col4

Actually it is more complex than that as I have 5,000 business cards each
with a random number of fields up to 20 and I need a layout that has one row
for each name, with the text/ numbers stretching out across the 20 columns in
correct field order, with gaps where there is no field

Help would be appreciated

Jesper