Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Complex Count formula

I think the "-" is a zero in comma format.

Yeah, I figured that out after the fact!

Thanks for the feedback!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tom Hutchins" wrote in message
I think the "-" is a zero in comma format. Your formula is beautiful -
thanks
for the lesson in the use of SIGN.

"T. Valko" wrote:

I assume the "-" means the cell is empty?

=SUMPRODUCT(SIGN((B2:B11=3)+(C2:C11=0)))

I don't see a single 0 in
--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"GoBucks" wrote:

I am looking to get a formula that count the number of rows that match
some
criteria. The sample table is listed below. I would to have a formula
calculate the # of rows in which values in column B =3 along with
values in
Column C = 0

ID RATING AMOUNT formula match
00304 4.0 (5.0) x
00299 2.5 - x
00069 2.5 2.0
01380 4.0 - x
01729 3.0 - x
01783 2.5 - x
01934 2.0 (1.0)
01901 3.8 (1.0) x
01482 3.0 (1.0) x
02076 2.5 (1.0)

COUNT 5 3 7

B=3 = 5 rows
C=0 = 3 rows

But if you combine both criteria, there are 7 rows that match. I 'm
having a
difficult time figuring our how to write the formula for this. Any
suggestions will be much appreciated.